What's new
DevAnswe.rs Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts.

ChatGPT Plus and GPT-4 Access: Worth the Cost?

codeMtim

What are your thoughts on GPT-4? Is it worth the potential wait and investment to gain access to it? Is the cost of the subscription justified by the improved features and response times?

Zombo

GPT-4 is a significant leap forward compared to GPT-3. Is it worth 20 bucks? Yes, if you're using it to add value to your business. Plus sub gives priority access to GPT4 by the way.

josephp

If you rely heavily on AI-generated content or assistance via API, and faster response times are crucial for your app, then the subscription might be a game-changer. If you're just a casual user, the improved features and response times might not make a huge difference to justify the cost.

GREG

The GPT-4 paper doesn't really give us any juicy details about the architecture or parameters, right? But, as someone who's into research or ML stuff, I can't help but wonder how they managed to bump up the context window to a whopping 32k tokens.

For the kind of work I'm into, a 4k or 8k token limit just doesn't cut it. I've noticed that open-source projects are all about matching the number of parameters and the quality of those top-secret models, but they're totally missing the big picture – the context window! I mean, not a single open-source model out there has a context window over 2k tokens.

Zombo

When we compare GPT-4 to its predecessor, we can spot that GPT-4 performs about 20% better on average. Not too shabby, right? Now, if we put our detective hats on and do a bit of math, we can make an educated guess that GPT-4 has around 210 billion parameters under its hood. That's quite a leap from GPT-3's 175 billion parameters, with a solid 20% increase in their numbers. It's fascinating to see how these AI models keep growing and evolving :eek:

josephp

The main thing you're paying $20 a month for is access to the cool GPT-4. But keep in mind, you won't get a set number of prompts you can use daily. OpenAI's pretty clear about the fact they can change the max allowed prompts whenever they want. OpenAI says that ChatGPT Plus peeps can dodge getting kicked out during busy hours and enjoy quicker replies. However, you should know that you might lose access to ChatGPT sometimes due to outages. Plus, GPT-4 might take longer to respond than GPT-3.5.

A lot about GPT-4 is still a mystery. OpenAI hasn't spilled many beans on stuff like the model's size or training data specifics. Subscribing to ChatGPT Plus doesn't grant you access to the image-analysis features they recently teased....